There’s plenty that can be said of the 9-5 experience; a communal shared energy slump, the history of labor law, rejection of the concept on its face, the interconnected economies of coffee shops, offices, public (and private transportation), etc. Thankfully, because it’s Friday, we won’t be discussing any of that shit.
If you’re like me, you regularly wake up like this:
And commute like this:
But the key to any successful workday begins in the home. I’m a proponent of eating breakfast and pounding my coffee while still in bed and still in sleepwear.
And once I’m packed and suited up, I don’t take my earphones off until I hit my cubicle.
What about you guys? What’s your key to a successful, or at least survivable, morning?
- remixtv reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- sophetch likes this
- josselinefrias reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- jaybendt likes this
- termmma likes this
- thescriptrix likes this
- abreathoffresherica answered: Wearing a kickass lip color, listening and laughing at my favorite podcast on the train, and a cup of coffee all make NYC mornings doable.
- word-thievery likes this
- allthesesmallhours likes this
- youlookterrible answered: Tea. Tea tea tea tea, tea tea. Tea? Tea.
- brooklynbookgirl reblogged this from publishinginvoices and added:
- magicmusic7 likes this
- livetolovemusic69 reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- somethingcalledrandomness likes this
- finedetailslater likes this
- nainami likes this
- lifeinreligiouspublishing likes this
- windyaphayrath reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- azariastromsis likes this
- publishinginvoices reblogged this from dudeinpublishing and added:
- neveranygoodupthere answered: So much red bull
- kbfreeman answered: Caffeine and audiobooks.
- thisstl likes this
- literallypuzzled answered: Coffee. As much of it as I can drink whenever I can drink it. And Coke Zero if there is no coffee
- nigeriajones likes this
- nigeriajones reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- thekingintheinnernorth likes this
- emchughes answered: nataliaantonova.files.w…
- ultracheese likes this
- ultracheese said: Also I may not give the best impression, putting ‘yet’ in a sentence twice like an idiot. The train thing still helps though.
- ultracheese answered: I’m a novelist who has not yet managed to throw off his day job quite yet. So I write on the train…all 3 hours a day of it. Helps a lot.
- emchughes likes this
- dudeinpublishing posted this