Totally confident. Nothing can get in your way of getting all your shit done.
You log confidently into Outlook and begin solving problems.
Something’s not right. No matter what you do, people keep misinterpreting your instructions. Your day’s agenda is destroyed picking up messes and you have to carry projects over til tomorrow. The color printer is down.
You get a call from an account. They’re livid. The order went to the wrong address. Then you look in your email history. Turns out you typed NJ instead of NY.
You begin second guessing every decision you’ve made for the past couple days.
Just make it to the end of the day. Just make it to 5:00. Don’t think about the banal emotional ugliness inherent in this job.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY:
You remember you have to go back tomorrow. And it hits you: this is your life. It’s…
(FYI I’m just trying to counter-jinx this week; so far it’s going fine. Fingers crossed!)
- gravitationaalpull likes this
- amazingobviously likes this
- amazingobviously reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- 10-1lives likes this
- vvivify likes this
- everyday-random likes this
- g-irlgerms likes this
- ambivalent-exsistance likes this
- kidthings likes this
- theelsih reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- corporal-levi-ackerman likes this
- breakingsatan reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- leonardodicaprio-thebest reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- sjb5 likes this
- l-uckyone-s likes this
- wish-for-the-moon likes this
- clearlyshrouded likes this
- theunexplainablekai likes this
- theforestofarden likes this
- whatshouldwecallpinterest reblogged this from dudeinpublishing
- pariahpalace likes this
- stunrunner said: I love you for making this post, but I hate that your house has a three day weekend and mine doesn’t. :( Fucking textbook publishing! (Srsly rock on though; your posts are awesome.)
- doyouknowwhatitistobealover likes this
- sadatyou likes this
- ajcoulton likes this
- elysemarshall likes this
- jitteryhippo reblogged this from dudeinpublishing and added:
- jitteryhippo likes this
- dudeinpublishing posted this